Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Sunday 11 March 2012

In My Mailbox (6)

This weekly meme is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Every Sunday I'll put up which books I bought, borrowed or received for review. This way you'll have a little sneak peek on the reviews to look forward to soon!

So... I got a pretty big haul this week. Coles was having a buy three get the fourth free sale, plus I bought three more from my favorite used bookstore. I now have a pile of 19 or 20 books to read, either that I've bought or borrowed... eep! Plus, in preparation for the HUNGER GAMES movie, I'm rereading the trilogy! Only 12 more days!!! I'm just falling in love with them over and over again! This is my third time reading them and I love them even more each time I read this amazing series. I will be doing a post about what I thought of the movie, plus a little blurb about how much I adore the books on the 24th of March (the day after I see the movie). But, this is not that post, so let's get started!

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg


Everneath by Brodi Ashton




















Shatter Me  by Tahereh Mafi

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Ok, so those are the books that I bought from Coles. I received Unearthly for free because of their promotion and I am super excited to read it! I finished the Catastrophic History of You and Me in two days, and I LOVED it! My review on it will be up tomorrow. Now, here's what I bought from my favorite used book store:

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter
Impossible by Nancy Werlin
Before I show the last book I'd like to explain a few things. 1. I have read Impossible before, but I forgot what it was called and then I was trying to find it again, but then I gave up. UNTIL, my friend and I were in the store and she showed me this book and I freaked out. No joke. Freaked out to the max. I love this book so much! 2. I've read half of the Ally Carter book, but that was two years ago. Then my mom bought me the third novel, thinking I had read the first two. So I thought since I have the third, I should probably read the first two! 3. Feel free to laugh at the final book in this post:

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling.


Yes, this is my second copy of this book. I have read the entire series too many times to count, (I am not just saying that. Ask anyone who has known me for a long time and they can confirm it.) and so, my copies are all falling apart. So since no one can really touch my Potter books except for me I decided I'd slowly buy a second second-hand set! I'm in desperate need of another Order of the Phoenix, so I might buy that next. But I won't be paying full price for a brand new copy of each one. I got this for I think, five dollars!? Fellow Potterheads either understand completely, or would be horrified by how beat up my set is. BUT: Keep in mind that I have had books 1-4 since I was four years old, thus purchasing the following three as they were released!

Okay, so that was more of a ramble than I had wanted, but it got my point across! Hope you enjoyed this week's IMM and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

~Kristy

1 comment:

  1. I am so enjoying your blog. Very informative and entertaining. I am right into the book you lent to me "Before I go to sleep". Many Thanks and keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...