Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads (9)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Read. 

The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1) The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells -  This is one of my absolute favorite summer reads, but it's so sad that you'll need to have tissues.
The Selection by Kiera Cass -  This book is so girly and since it's so similar to the Bachelor, it's a light, funny read that doesn't take a lot of effort. I read it so quickly, it would be great to take to the beach.
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - This is an incredibly sweet road trip book full of heart. I read it last year on vacation with my friend and it was perfect for the beach.
Twenty boy Summer  by Sarah Ockler- I've read this book many, many times. It's a great portrayal of a summer romance and best friends. It's real, and sad and it doesn't sugar coat anything.
Instructions for a Broken HeartPeace, Love & Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle - This is just a really cute book. Lauren Myracle's style is so nice to read from and this is a perfect book for a lazy beach day.
Instructions for a Broken Heart by Kim Culbertson - If you're into traveling and friendship and romance, this is a great book. It's another that both my friend and I read last summer on vacation and it really is the perfect remedy for a broken heart. It's cute and girly and the perfect beach read.


ANYTHING by Sarah Dessen - Honestly, do I have to say more? I know this is kind of cheating, but hey... Carpe Diem! (I will not say that other saying... Y....O... NOPE! Can't do it! :P)

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour - Another road trip book! I really liked this one because it was filled to the core with friendship and music!

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - If you're not into summer romance books like some of these ones, and you're looking for more of a dystopia romance, this book is one that I'll be recommending for a long time. It's one of my favorites because it's filled with action, swoony kissing scenes and a great artistic writing style that is such a delight to read.

Under the Moon by Deborah Kerbel - I recently read this and absolutely loved it. It's fantastic. I really think it deserves a lot more attention, because it was a book that sucked me in and let me escape my own head while reading it.


So, summer is almost here! That means it's time to go to the beach and soak up some sun while reading all those incredible books we've been longing to read. These are just a few I'd bring to the beach with me, so I'd love to see your list and see what you'd recommend to bring to the ocean! Leave a link to your TTT in the comments below and I'll check it out!
Happy reading, everyone!
-Kristy

2 comments:

  1. Yay Amy & Roger! I love that book. I haven't heard of some of these others, but I like the sound of The Disenchantments especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shatter Me sounds interesting. I think I will check that one out. Thanks for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...