Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Thursday 13 December 2012

My Bookish Gift Guide for Some Picky Teens Part 1.

Hey guys! With Christmas approaching, and school being so busy, I'm starting to stress out about what to get a lot of my friends! I usually like to get them each a little something, but this month has been so hectic that I've hardly had any time to shop, let alone read! (As you can probably tell..)
But I've decided to go with my good-old standby for gifts... BOOKS! I always try and promote literacy to my peers, and what better way than by giving them a book?

Now, my dilemma is, which ones do I give who? I have so many different personalities in my friends, that it's going to be difficult. But I've compiled a list of a few books for the 'types' of people they are, that I think they might enjoy, and I thought I'd share!

the 'hopeless romantic' friend

 Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - This particular friend is an absolute sucker for a bad boy, and I think Noah would make her swooooon.
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - A summer romance with a childhood crush is actually one of her fantasies, believe it or not, plus, she's such an emotional person that I think this book would make her crumble. And in my opinion, I know a book is written well when I shed a tear.
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I know this friend well enough to know that this book would be one she would love. It's full of romance, family, humour, and more.

the 'cynical about everything' friend


 Wither by Lauren DeStefano - Since this is such a dark book, I think this friend would love it. It's creepy and it's weird and it's brilliant.
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger - Kody Keplinger's style of writing is absolutely perfect for this friend. She's sarcastic and her sense of humour would fit well with The DUFF.
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - This is the perfect romance book for her. It's NOT crazy cheesy, which would make her hurl, but it is cute, it's about more than how hot this English guy is, and it is really well written. Plus, who wouldn't fall in love with Etienne?

the 'DESTROY EVERYTHING' friend


 Divergent by Veronica Roth - The 'Dauntless' faction suits this friend so well, that I can't imagine him not at least relating a little bit to this book. He's find the battles intriguing and a cover with fire would make him really happy. Wow, he sounds a bit crazy, doesn't he?
The Maze Runner by James Dashner - I haven't actually read this one yet! But from what I've heard of it, I think he'd enjoy it.
Gone by Michael Grant - I can see this friend really enjoying this book. I don't really know how to explain 'why', but I just do.


That's it for this list! I'll do another one in a few days, I think! I'm so behind on my Christmas shopping that I think it was a good idea for me to do this... Get an idea of what I want to get everyone. I adore my friends, but they're kind of difficult to buy for!

Did you post a gift guide? Are you thinking of getting books as gifts for others this year? Let me know in the comments, or if you have any suggestions for what I could get my friends, I'd love to hear!

Good night!
~Kristy

1 comment:

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...