Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Review: The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Razorbill
Page Count: 432 pages, Hardcover
Date Published: February 12th 2013
Find it on Goodreads: The Indigo Spell
Source: Purchased 




 In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.




Richelle Mead never fails to amuse and amaze me with her VA/Bloodlines books. I am always so impressed on how hooked I get to her stories and how much I love the characters in the books. I adored VA. I  loved Rose and Dimitri so much, but with Bloodlines, with Sydney and Adrian, it's different. I really relate a lot to Sydney, much more than I did with Rose, and so I can empathize with her decisions and some of her thoughts along the way, but well, not all of them..... AND THEN THERE'S ADRIAN


I really loved Adrian in the VA series, but not for Rose. I am a dedicated Dimitri fan when it comes to who Rose ends up with, but I LOVEEEEE Sydrian! I just....


Sydney and Adrian's relationship goes through a lot in The Indigo Spell and it had me hooked. There was a lot of cute and adorable moments and even some steamier ones... (I know, I was shocked too... Ok, not really.) Adrian is starting to get back to being the funny and amusing Adrian who has been kind of missing since The Last Sacrifice. I'm totally loving his and Sydney's relationship and it's growth and all of the conflicts! Whoooo!

The Indigo Spell also touches a lot on the witchcraft part of Sydney's life. We learn a LOT more about witches and magic and it's really interesting to see where Richelle Mead is taking this aspect of the story. These aren't just vampire books, people. THERE'S A LOT MORE TO IT! There's a lot of growth in Sydney's witchcraft and it was really interesting to read about her conflicts with it, because it's against all that she's ever known, and yet she seems to be meant  for it.

THEN there was a lot we learned about the Alchemists, the lily tattoo anddddd Marcus Finch! Marcus was such a huge mystery in The Golden Lily and we get to finally learn about who he is, what he does, and why he's important. Well, obviously there's still some questions about him and his plans, but what we do learn is very interesting. I liked how Sydney reacted to him and how much she learned about her 'people'. It was very interesting to see her actions when she learned something new. I find Sydney a little bit fascinating, if you can't tell.  I know a lot of people probably think she's really dull, but I differ. It's not anything specific, I don't think. I just think she's a good MC.

As for the technical parts of The Indigo Spell, it's Richelle Mead. She's a talented writer who knows how to captivate her audience and keep them entranced. She has a vast imagination and I can tell Sydney and Adrian's story is only just beginning. There is so much more to come, I'm sure. SPEAKING OF, this is from Richelle's facebook:

Awesome news! The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) will be out on November 19, 2013, and the cover will be revealed next Wednesday, February 27! The book is hot! Remember when I said that about Indigo Spell? Now get ready to turn up the temperature a few degrees more...
That makes me SO excited! I wonder what colour it's going to be!!!!!! And the cover.... I wonder if it'll have Adrian on it again.. I hope so. Actually, I have kind of an idea of how I think it might look, but I could  be totally off. But I won't say, because well....


So once again, another Richelle Mead book that I loved. No surprise there! I can't wait for The Fiery Heart and be sure to look out for a crazy fan-girling post on Wednesday when the cover is revealed! ;)

Happy reading!
~Kristy

1 comment:

  1. The book sounds really good all the characters seem to add a lot and I love when the romance can be balanced with an edge of humor I mean life is at times funny.

    Ronan Valerio (Seattle Criminal Lawyer)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...