Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Unique Books

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.This week's topic  is: Top Ten Most Unique Books I've Read. 

1. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi – I wouldn't say that the plot is the most unique one I've ever read, but the writing is what makes this first on my list. Mafi's prose is wonderfully different and poetic and absolutely lovely. 

2. Every Day by David Levithan – The whole concept of living in a different body every single day is completely fascinating to me and so unique. I've never read anything like this book.

3. Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews – This book is the definition of an odd book. But it is also surprisingly ok and not your typical cancer book, at all

4. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan – Again, not the most unique plot, albeit some of it is really not something you read every day, but mostly what I love so much about this book was how it was written and the entire concept of two boys with the same name and such different voices, yet written intertwined into each other's lives. 

5. Graceling by Kristin Cashore – This is a book that I was not expecting to love as much as I did, but it really surprised me! It's a fantastic YA high fantasy that has so much more to it than just fantastical elements!

6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – What I think is so unique about this book is that it kind of breaks down that fourth wall between our world and the fictional one. The main character is just like all of us, fangirling about fictional characters and completely obsessed. I love it. 


7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – The narration alone makes this book one of the most unique novels I've ever read... I mean, a story in the perspective of death? Such an incredible concept. 

8. 


Ok so I couldn't think of ten, but that's my list for the week! Leave me a link to your TTT this week and I'll check it out!

Happy reading!
~Kristy

4 comments:

  1. The Book Thief! Such an amazing concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristy!
    Carissa from the Book Man here. I just wanted to tell you some of my favorite unique books:

    Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut. Semi-autobiographical with a sci-fi twist. It's strange, poignant, and funny in a dark, but not cynical, way. I've never read anything like it.

    The Roaches Have No King by Daniel Evan Weiss. Told from the perspective of a cockroach, who's name is Numbers because he was born in a Bible. It's one of the most discussing, intriguing books I've ever read. I couldn't put it down.

    Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. Set before and during the Napoleonic wars, it's about two magicians in England who start out as friends but who become each others nemesis. One of the most creative, compelling and and in depth novels I've ever read. It takes a bit to get used to the pace of it, but it's definitely worth the effort.

    Self - Yann Martel. Have you read Life of Pi? Self is much darker. I can't tell you too much about it without giving away the biggest plot twist. I always love Yann Martel though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eager to run the bases of its plot chanel replica, Astro Boy serves everything up in too simplistic a manner. It lacks the sophistication of the better animated movies of the recent past. It moves too quickly replica handbags from the interesting themes contained within its premise and robs itself of the emotional hooks that would elevate it to the level of a great hermes outlet story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely think Shatter Me was a unique story, but it kind of lost me after the second book. Disappointing for sure. I tried Every Day, but I could not get into it to save my life. And finally, THE BOOK THIEF! Absolutely wonderful, in ever single way! I recently stumbled across another seriously fantastic, seriously UNIQUE book. Thorn Jack by Katherine Harbour. So different, and so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...